Summary of expertise: Designing service ecosystems, designing markets, multi-sided markets, platform markets, historical evolution of markets, incentive mechanisms and economic design of markets. Transactions, channels, payments and products of multi-sided markets. Road maps of multi-sided market evolution.
A preview on how I think about service ecosystems and markets, read the forward I wrote the service science handbook volume 2.
- Ng, Irene C.L. (2014) Creating New Markets in the Digital Economy: Value and Worth. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, ISBN No. 9781107049352 (hardcover and paperback edition)
- Ng, Irene C.L. (2013) Value and Worth: Creating New Markets in the Digital Economy, Innovorsa Press, Cambridge, ISBN No. 978-0-9573553-0-9 (digital edition)
- Ng, Irene C.L. And Susan Wakenshaw, (2018) “Service Ecosystems: A timely worldview for a connected, digital and data-driven economy” in Handbook of Service Dominant Logic, Robert Lusch and Stephen Vargo Eds, Sage
- Ng, Irene C.L. , Paul Maglio, Jim Spohrer and Susan Wakenshaw (2018) “The Study of Service: From systems to ecosystems to ecology” in Handbook of Service Dominant Logic, Robert Lusch and Stephen Vargo Eds, Sage
- Smith, Laura and Irene C.L. Ng (2013), “Service Systems for Value Co-Creation”. In Managing Services: Challenges and Innovation, Kathryn Haynes and Irena Grugulis (Eds)
- Ng, Irene C.L., R.S. Maull and Laura Smith (2011) “Embedding the New Discipline of Service Science” in The Science of Service Systems, Demirkan, Spohrer and Krishna Eds., 2010 volume in “Service Science: Research and Innovations (SSRI) in the Service Economy” Book Series, Springer – ISSN: 1865-4924
- Ng, Irene C.L., Kimberley Scharf, Ganna Pogrebna, Roger S. Maull (2015) Contextual Variety, Internet-Of-Things and The Choice of Tailoring over Platform: Mass Customisation Strategy in Supply Chain Management, International Journal of Production Economics, Vol 159, Jan, pp.76–87
- Ng, Irene C.L. (2013), New business and economic models in the connected digital economy, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 12, 6, pp1-7
Talks and Presentations
- “Mastering Service for the Future of Things”, Compete Through Service Symposium, Oct 26-28, 2016, Phoenix, Arizona
- “Payment is applause: markets and business models past, present and future”, Wolfson College Cambridge 50th anniversary distinguished lecture series, 18 Nov 2015, Cambridge
- “Creating New Markets in the Digital Economy“, FT Mobile Business Futures Summit: Leveraging Real-Time Mobility Intelligence for Business Success, London, UK, 4 Dec 2013
- “Engineering a Market for Personal Data: the HAT and the Future of the Internet-of-Things”, ASAP Service Management Forum Annual Conference, Oct 12-13, 2015, Milan, Italy
- “Creating New Markets: A Theory of Latent Demand“, 2013 Frontiers in Service Conference, 4-7July, 2013, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Future of Value Creation: Creating New Markets in Context & New Systemic Business Models”, 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-46), 7-10 Jan, 2013, Grand Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
- “The Shifting Boundaries of Marketing and Operations under Service Dominant Logic,” MSOM conference Service Interest Group workshop, 17 June, 2012, New York
- Interview with Professor Irene Ng prior to her lecture on 18 November 2015, entitled ‘The Evolution of Business Models’. Part of the Wolfson @ 50 Lecture Series.
- ‘The Evolution of Business Models’, Part of the Wolfson @ 50 Lecture Series at Wolfson College, Cambridge. 18 November 2015
- ‘Value and the Creation of New Markets in the Digital Economy’, Bristol and South West NextGen Roadshow, Bristol, UK, 17 July 2012
- Creating New Markets with the Hub-Of-All-Things – Business Reporter, Sunday Telegraph